The student is responsible for:
Care and Maintenance of the iPad
1. The care of your iPad is your responsibility.
2. Never leave an iPad unattended. When not in your personal possession, the iPad should be in a secure, locked environment.
3. Because the iPad is intended for daily use, iPads must be charged nightly so it is ready for use every day. Do not leave your iPad in your locker overnight.
4. Your iPad comes with a protective case to help minimize damage. The iPad must remain in the protective case at all times.
5. Do not lend your iPad to another person. Each iPad is assigned to an individual student
and the responsibility for the care of the iPad solely rests with that student.
6. The iPad is an electronic device and care must be exercised when handling the iPad.
Never throw or slide the iPad or a book bag that contains an iPad. Never place an iPad in
a book bag that contains food, liquids, heavy, or sharp objects. Avoid placing weight on
7. Avoid applying liquids to the iPad. The iPad can be cleaned with a soft, slightly waterdampened, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in the openings. Do not use window
cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to
clean the iPad. Use of unapproved cleaners may remove the protective film covering the
face of the iPad.
8. While the iPad is scratch resistant, the iPad will scratch. Avoid contact with sharp objects.
Commercially produced screen protectors can be purchased to protect the screen.
9. Never expose an iPad to long-term extremes in temperature or direct sunlight. Do not
store your iPad in your car. Even leaving an iPad in direct summer sun can cause severe damage.
10. Your iPad comes with ports for charging and other accessories. Care must be exercised
when plugging and unplugging accessories. Student-issued iPad accessories are the
responsibility of the student.
11. Each iPad has a unique serial number and identification sticker. At no time should these
numbers or stickers be modified or removed.
12. Each iPad has the ability to be remotely located. Modifying, disabling or attempting to
disable the locator is a violation of the acceptable use policy and grounds for disciplinary
13. Do not attempt to gain access to the internal electronics to repair or alter your iPad.
14. Report a lost, stolen, damaged, or malfunctioning iPad to your teacher as soon as possible.